Tuesday 27 September 2011

3rd Year, First Day

First proper day back at University. The first day of my Third Year and it's a biggie. This year is our last chance to shine, to work hard and earn that coveted First, or a 2:1 at the very least. Anything less and you've really screwed the pooch and wasted three years of your life.

Well, that's my attitude.

Others appear to be totally unconcerned. Three of my fellow students turned up to my first lecture without pen, pencil or paper. I could see two of them, and another to my side, and they just sat there apparently uninterested in what was going on around them. Perhaps it's just too uncool to appear keen to learn? Maybe they all possess fantastic powers of recall and never write anything down? Or, more likely, they just couldn't give a toss.

The thing is that we are the lucky ones. We don't pay £9k a year. We pay around £3.6k while you, the taxpayer, pay about £6k a year on our behalf. Yes, your lovely hard earned cash goes towards paying for my education and that of the deadbeats. Now I like to think that you're getting your money's worth out of me but there are some who are just pissing every penny of your cash down the nearest drain. I don’t think that's fair, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment